Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSEC Enumeration script
From: John Bond <john.r.bond () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 10:41:40 +0100

On 25 March 2011 10:22, John Bond <john.r.bond () gmail com> wrote:
Why did you have to define any ANY (type 255) decoder? Is this
compatible with other potential uses of ANY outside of DNSSEC?
TBH i dont think i use it anywhere anymore do i.  i played around with
using different types in the enumerate script to see if it made any
difference.  I didn't notice anything.  Although it is nice to have
and could probably be put to better use in scripts like
dns-cache-snoop.  i.e. if you are trying to get as much information as
possible from a dns server then any is the best way to do it.  However
i think it can be removed as i dont think im using it

Well i am away on training course next week so not sure if i will have
a chance to look at this until the week after but let me know if you
have any further questions

Acutely forget that i have just sat looking at this function for the
last 10 minutes trying to work out why i wrote it until i noticed that
i had just copy and pasted the SRV decoder and not done anything else
with it other then a sed '/SRV/ANY/' .  The any decoder will or should
never get called and can be removed all the ANY logic is done in the
findNiceAnswer function that you comment on above