Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] NRPE query script
From: Mak Kolybabi <mak () kolybabi com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 16:05:11 -0600

On 2010-12-30 13:51, David Fifield wrote:
I tested this by installing the Debian packages nagios-nrpe-plugin,
nagios-nrpe-server, nagios-plugins-basic, and nagios-plugins-standard. I
had trouble because the server was using SSL but the script wasn't.
What do you think, is there a good way to make this work?

I have changed the script to first attempt SSL first, and failing that, attempt
to connect without it. I have tested on Gentoo (SSL) and FreeBSD (no SSL) and it
seems to work. It will record a failure with SSL if it occurs, to ensure
subsequent commands on that host aren't subject to the timeout.

--
Mak Kolybabi
<mak () kolybabi com>

() ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Against HTML e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org  | Against proprietary extensions