Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Leading newlines in script output
From: Djalal Harouni <tixxdz () opendz org>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 14:41:03 +0100

On 2010-11-01 19:54:51 -0600, David Fifield wrote:
On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 11:30:27PM +0100, Djalal Harouni wrote:
Yes David this is it, the problem was in the tab.addrow() function which
adds a complete row to the table and moves to the _next_ row. When I've
added the 'tab.lua' support to nfs-* scripts months ago, the tab.addrow()
function was perhaps buggy and the _next_ row was not added, but now it
is added and included in the output.

I've attached a patch to remove this _extra_ row, so an explicite call to
tab.nextrow() is needed in order to move to the next row, this is like
the tab.add() and tab.nextrow() combination (consistency).

I think you should do the opposite: let tab.addrow continue to call
nextrow like it is documented to do, and update the scripts that call
addrow so they don't call nextrow too. Or is there a reason that doesn't
work?
This was fixed by your latest changes to the tab library, thx.

--
tixxdz