Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Zenmap 5.36TEST4 Crash on Select script screen
From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 08:13:24 -0600

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 1:51 PM, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:
On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 05:12:16PM -0600, Daniel Miller wrote:
Hey list,

I'm attaching a screenshot, since the crash didn't let me file the bug
report (modal file select dialog in foreground won't close). Here's
what I can read on the Crash report screen:

'C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\nselib/*.*'

----
CRASH REPORTED:
SYS.PLATFORM: win32
OS.NAME: nt
Zenmap Version: 5.36TEST4
TRACEBACK:
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "zenmapGUI\ScriptInterface.pyo", line 279, in check_nmap_cb
 File "zenmapGUI\ScriptMetadata.pyo", line 451, in get_script_entries
 File "zenmapGUI\ScriptMetadata.pyo", line 320, in __init__
 File "zenmapGUI\ScriptMetadata.pyo", line 434, in
[... can't scroll down to see the rest ...]

I'm running Windows XP SP3, WinPCAP 4.1.2 installed with Wireshark.
Ran Zenmap from a command line as administrator, while logged in as an
unprivileged user. Working directory was C:\WINDOWS\system32. Ran a
scan with no issues, then went to create a new scan. When I clicked on
the Script tab, there were no scripts listed, so I clicked "Add," and
then it crashed.

Thanks for this helpful report. I can't reproduce it. Can you try again,
this time without clicking the "Add" button?
Did so, even from a different directory, and got the same result. This
time I can scroll, though, so here's the traceback:
----
CRASH REPORTED:
SYS.PLATFORM: win32
OS.NAME: nt
Zenmap Version: 5.36TEST4
TRACEBACK:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "zenmapGUI\ScriptInterface.pyo", line 279, in check_nmap_cb
  File "zenmapCore\ScriptMetadata.pyo", line 451, in get_script_entries
  File "zenmapCore\ScriptMetadata.pyo", line 320, in __init__
  File "zenmapCore\ScriptMetadata.pyo", line 434, in construct_library_arguments
WindowsError: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified:
'C:\\Program Files\\Windows Resource Kits\\Tools\\nselib/*.*'

What Zenmap is supposed to
be doing at this time is running nmap.exe in the background to get the
list of possible scripts. It should appear within a few seconds.

How did you install? From the binary installer? If so, did you choose a
prefix other than the default?
I installed with the binary installer. The only non-default I chose
was not to install winpcap, since I had it installed already.

Dan

David Fifield