Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: LUA Bug?
From: Patrick Donnelly <batrick () batbytes com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 05:39:57 -0500

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 3:38 AM, Michael Pattrick
<mpattrick () rhinovirus org> wrote:
Hello devs,

While playing around with a recent Nmap release I found that scripts
weren't working for me, see the following command line log. It appears
to be a problem with the LUA environment variables. The environment is
a nearly fresh CentOS5 install. I haven't tested this out on other
platforms but a quick google search reveals at least one other person
has had problems with this bug (http://pastebin.com/cFXre59L). Any
ideas?

The SCRIPT_* globals aren't defined until a script is instantiated
(executed against a host:port; see Script.new versus Script.new_thread
in nse_main.lua). This probably should be changed.

--
- Patrick Donnelly