Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE] Patch for duplicate in smb.lua's default shares list
From: Chris Woodbury <chris3e3 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 15:34:37 -0600

The default list of shares to look for (line 2783) has "BACKUP" listed
twice. I've attached a patch[1] with the duplicate removed and the
share names listed alphabetically to make this easier to avoid in the
future.

While I was looking at the functionality, I wondered whether it would
be worthwhile to check for most of those share names as hidden shares
(i.e. with a trailing '$') as well. I've attached another patch[2]
that takes the list of shares from [1] (with hidden shares removed),
adds the alphabet shares, and then goes through the list, adding a
hidden share for each.

[1] smb_sharenames1.patch
[2] smb_sharenames2.patch