Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap On Android
From: John Holden <wjholden () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 07:49:06 -1000

ALCON,

I have been working on an Nmap for Android app for the past year.  All
source code, documentation, etc is available at
http://nmap.wjholden.com/.

I chose not to use the NDK, instead I ship the binaries Vlatko
Kosturjak (http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2010/q3/53) cross-compiled and
install them into /data/data/com.wjholden.nmap/bin/.  Those binaries
are then executed through either 'su' or 'sh' via Runtime.exec().

Will be happy to answer any/all questions and provide lessons learned.
 There are a lot of caveats on the Android platform that I'll try to
speak on.