Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Sun Service Tags Nmap Discovery script
From: Matthew Flanagan <mattimustang () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 22:16:22 +1100

On 22 February 2011 15:36, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:
There are two services that need to be running: stdiscover and stlisten. Run:

$ svcs stdiscover stlisten

to check their status.

Thanks for that. I was able to test again after enabling both these
services and it worked well for me. I've committed your script now.
Thanks for your contribution!

No problem. Thanks for accepting it!

I intended '*std*' to match in.stdiscover, but I'm not sure that's what
it's doing. Anyway, it opens port 6481. I ran the script and got this
error:

Discovered open port 6481/udp on 10.0.2.15
NSE: 'servicetags' (thread: 0x8e75ca0) against 10.0.2.15:6481 threw an error!
ERROR
stack traceback:
       [C]: in function 'try'
       ./scripts/servicetags.nse:141: in function <./scripts/servicetags.nse:83>
       (tail call): ?

I'm attaching a packet capture. The scanning machine sends
"[PROBE] 1294721585\r\n" and receives " 6481\n".

That is not a valid response according the the spec. Probably because
stlisten is not running.

Nevertheless, the script shouldn't crash and lose the information that
the UDP port is open. I changed the script so it can still return even
if the HTTP parts fail.

David Fifield

I was also working on making the script more robust but as a LUA
newbie I was struggling a little. I see what you've done to clean up
the script's output generation and make it handle errors better and I
appreciate that. Thanks again for your help.

cheers

Matthew Flanagan