Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Thoughts on script documentation
From: "Jan-Oliver Wagner" <Jan-Oliver.Wagner () greenbone net>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 08:46:47 +0100

On Montag, 21. Februar 2011, Ron wrote:
I think you'll find a lot of people who are okay with updating scripts/plugins/whatever on a regular basis, but are
hesitant to update the full software. I realize that's sort of odd, but it's something to keep in mind. .

I fully agree here, thats something we observe as well and regard as a problem.

However: Some time ago I've seen people trying to provide a OpenVAS plugin
feed with binaries. That miserably failed due to different hardware architectures
and subtle differences. Strange crashes were the result.
I am not saying it is impossible, but it will be a challenge.