Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE] find-ssh-hostkey script
From: Nick Nikolaou <nikolasnikolaou1 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 16:45:43 +0000

Hey everyone,

Attached is a script I wrote that attempts to identify a host given its SSH
hostkey as an argument. I got the idea from Fyodor's presentation

-- () usage
-- nmap --script=find-ssh-hostkey --script-args
fingerprint=AB:CD:EF:AB:CD:EF:AB:CD:EF:AB:CD:EF:AB:CD:AB:CD
--
-- () output
-- 22/tcp  open  ssh

After (limited) testing it seems to work. I don't have access to many
machines running SSH so I can't test it thoroughly.

The script name can be confusing seems it's very similar to other scripts
that show the host's SSH key so feel free to change it to something more
meaningful.

I hope you find it useful.

Any comments are more than welcome.

Nick