Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] find-ssh-hostkey script
From: Toni Ruottu <toni.ruottu () iki fi>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 13:14:28 +0200

A question that comes to mind though is which hosts will nmap go through during
the prescan phase to look for the sshtarget key? I hope I'm not missing something
really obvious here.

That is something I tried to ask in one of the earlier emails. I am
not sure I have a good answer for this. I thought you were using some
sort of discovery service on a LAN. If it is a LAN of 256 nodes it
might be possible to iterate over their port 22, but with anything
larger you'd probably want some better method.