Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap script ideas wiki
From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 13:02:35 -0700

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 10:50:17PM -0500, Ron wrote:

I like this idea, and will update it with some TODO items I have laying around here.

Great!

In my opinion, though, this (and other things) would be better
maintained using some form of bug-tracking software.

Well, a bug tracker is more structured, which can make it easier to
query, assign tasks to people, etc.  But a wiki is more expressive and
general-purpose.  It is debatable whether a wiki or a bug tracker is
more suitable for collecting script ideas, but I think some other
ideas we have in mind (like detailed pages about Nmap on various
mobile devices) are clearly better suited to the wiki.

In any case, the choice was easy for the Nmap Script Ideas list
because we have a wiki and we don't have a bug tracker :).

Cheers,
Fyodor