Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSEC Enumeration script
From: John Bond <john.r.bond () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 19:45:13 +0100

On 15 March 2011 20:58, John Bond <john.r.bond () gmail com> wrote:
On 15 March 2011 07:27, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:
Also, this is minor, but please fix the errors from a search and replace
of "ds". The word "records" got turned into e.g. "recornsec3" and
"recordnskey".

I think i have corrected all these now as well

I have made an update to the NSEC3 decoder function.  it wasn't
parsing the packet correctly before.  Also i was not decoding the
NSEC3 next record data,  i was just converting it to hex.  I have now
made an update so the packet is parsed correctly (however some records
seem to be having a strange types array).  I have also hacked Philip
Pickering base64 lib to create a base32 lib which supports both
standard and Extended hex encoding (although a lot of situations are
untested).  this enables us to encode/decode the nsec3 label