Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: regarding rpc based protocols and rpcinfo script
From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 07:54:44 -0500

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 6:37 PM, Toni Ruottu <toni.ruottu () iki fi> wrote:
It has been pointed out that nmap could do a better job in scanning
http based systems. It seems we could also do a better job in scanning
rpc based systems. It would be good, if we could identify interesting
rpc based protocols and add related script ideas to the wiki at
https://secwiki.org/w/Nmap/Script_Ideas#Incoming

I looked at this a little bit the other day, but got lost trying to
come up with some sort of rpcgen that would output Lua. There are a
couple rpcgen.py scripts out there that could be hacked, but it'd take
more time than I have available right now. With such a program, it'd
be easy to generate stubs for a large number of scripts from the RPC
Language files in /usr/include/rpcsvc/*.x (from the libc6-dev package
on Ubuntu).

Dan