Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: quake3 opportunistic portrule
From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 08:25:53 -0800

On Sun, Jan 02, 2011 at 02:11:12PM +0200, Toni Ruottu wrote:
But the portrule doesn't have to be expansive in port numbers. People
should run your script in conjunction with version detection. We have
lots of match lines for quake3 servers. Just have the portrule return
true if it's one of a few known ports or the service is "quake3".

Do we have a separate service name for the master/meta server, or do
we call that quake3 too?

I don't know if there are separate names. Probably not. Just check
nmap-service-probes. If you see separate services with the same name,
send in a patch with the new name.

David Fifield