Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Question about ICMP payload
From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 10:26:55 -0700

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 04:01:11PM +0200, Gorjan Petrovski wrote:
Hello group,

I'm currently working on broadcast-ping and I was wondering if we have
a preference as to what kind of an ICMP payload to use. Linux default?
Random data? Windows default?

The default should probably be the same as Nmap uses for normal ICMP
pings (e.g. echo request with no data).  Ideally it would honor Nmap
options like --data-length and --ttl, though I'm not sure if those are
currently made avaialble to NSE.

Cheers,
Fyodor