Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE][patch] Load script-args from a file
From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 15:50:54 -0700

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 10:12:02PM -0500, Daniel Miller wrote:
Hey list!

Here's a patch to let users specify a file from which to load
script-args. Example:

$ cat ~/.nmap/myargs
smbdomain=WORKGROUP,
smbpassword=MyPa$$,

$ nmap --script smb-* --script-args file=myargs target.example.com

I think this is a great idea. I agree with Fyodor that it needs to be a
separate option. Also, we should treat newline (outside of quotes) the
same as commas so that every line doesn't have to end in a comma.

We should also decide which side "wins" in case the command line and an
args-file specify the same argument.

David Fifield