Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Interface info of raw IPv4 sockets
From: Gorjan Petrovski <mogi57 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 18:01:20 +0200

It's not? Is there a reason why we shouldn't run the script with the -e
option as mandatory?
On Jun 22, 2011 5:55 PM, "David Fifield" <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 03:15:44PM +0200, Gorjan Petrovski wrote:
Hi,

Recently I was crafting ICMP packets for a NSE script and I ran into a
great need for getting info about the interface on which a raw IPv4
socket is open[1]. I've managed to resolve this issue by opening a
simple socket and using that interface, however this is far from
perfect.

It was suggested that I use the new nmap.get_interface() function, but
that returns nil no matter how I run it (hostrule, prerule). Has
anyone else encountered this? Any suggestions on how to debug it, or
is running gdb the only option?

I think get_interface is defined only when you run with the -e option,
so it's not a solution in your case.

David Fifield