mailing list archives
Luis' Status Report - #9 of 17
From: "Luis MartinGarcia." <luis.mgarc () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 10:08:55 +0200
Here are the accomplishments of the week and the priorities for next week:
* Finished implementation of ipv6fp. It is now ready for the call
* I discovered a really nasty bug that caused a lot of replies
to be missed by the ipv6fp script. The problem is that Scapy's
packet matching algorithm does not consider ICMP error messages
as valid responses to other packets, so I ended up having to
implement our own matching engine. This was challenging and took
a few days to implement.
* Made the script handle multiple response packets for a single
test. This happens, for example, when we receive a fragmented
* Circumvent a bug in Scapy that causes it to fatal when it
attempts to decode certain ICMP Parameter problem packets.
* Wrote a draft email for the call for testers.
* Read some documents about machine learning.
* Had a meeting with David and scheduled the next one.
* Send the call for testers to nmap-dev
* Start with result analysis.
Sent through the nmap-dev mailing list
Archived at http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/
- Luis' Status Report - #9 of 17 Luis MartinGarcia. (Jun 28)