Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Patch : small extension to osscan2.cc and tcpip.cc to support ipv6
From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 08:37:32 -0700

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 01:27:11PM +0200, Saad Talaat wrote:
Hello everyone,
First I'm Kinda new here, Plus I am one of the applicant student to the IPv6
Expert idea

Anyway I was working in the previous 3 days on that patch and designed an
IPv6 dependant fingerprint.
the patches are on the attachments

osscan.patch -> patches osscan2.cc
tcpiph.patch -> patches tcpip.h
tcpip.patch -> patches tcpip.cc
NmapOpsh.patch -> patches NmapOps.h
NmapOps.patch -> patches NmapOps.cc

about the hop limit I've put an initial value which is 64....till I add it
to the args.
ip6 struct will need more extensions
fragmentation needs some tuning

I've also attached the text containing a theory of how the IPv6 fingerprint
should look like
and another text containing what I've developed in those patches.

Hey, this is really great! I haven't tried your patches yet but I am
looking forward to it. One of the questions we're trying to answer is
whether the same IPv4 techniques work for IPv6 (and work for the same
operating systems). This looks like a fantastic way to test that.

David Fifield