Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Service Scan Error "Warning: Servicescan failed to fill ostype_template"
From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 08:40:45 -0700

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 01:14:04PM -0500, Chris Clements wrote:
I've not seen this before, but I received this error while doing a version
scan today:

Warning: Servicescan failed to fill ostype_template (subjectlen: 1080,
ostypelen: 32). Capture exceeds length? Match string was line 9962: p/$3/

What version of Nmap is it? This is a bug in the nmap-service-probes
file. If it's from a released version, we just need to know the version
number (nmap -V), otherwise send us line 9962 of nmap-service-probes.

David Fifield