mailing list archives
Luis' Status Report - #1 of 17
From: "Luis MartinGarcia." <luis.mgarc () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 21:28:06 +0200
Most of you already know me, but for those who don't, let me introduce myself. My name is Luis MartinGarcia, I'm from
Spain, and I'm currently pursuing a PhD in Network Engineering at the Polytechnic University of Madrid. I've been a
GSoC student in 2009 and 2010. During that time, I wrote Nping, the network packet generation and response analysis
tool that is distributed with Nmap.
The plan for this year is to work on Nmap's IPv6 support. I've been doing some research on host discovery in IPv6
networks so I'll be implementing a few techniques to allow Nmap detect active hosts on a network, without having to
sweep /64 subnets (which by the way, is not computationally feasible).
Although at the moment there is not much to talk about, here are some accomplishments of past weeks and priorities for
the next few weeks.
* Various improvements to Nping's echo server.
* Done research on host discovery in IPv6 networks.
* Currently doing some research on IPv6 stack fingerprinting (OS detection).
* Finish assignments and essays for uni.
* Continue research on IPv6 stack fingerprinting.
* Talk to David and define a clear roadmap for the summer.
Sent through the nmap-dev mailing list
Archived at http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/
- Luis' Status Report - #1 of 17 Luis MartinGarcia. (May 02)