mailing list archives
Ideas for nmap development
From: Manik Jindal <manikjindal () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 23:51:18 +0530
I am a student of IITH pursuing B.Tech (2nd yr., CSE).
I got the following ideas:
1. *Detect vulnerabilities and attack*
nmap can detect applications along with their versions, binded with
If it also tells about the possible attacks, it will be a more better
Attacking option can also be embeded, which requires only a script for
*How to implement*
1. Query CVE database with application name and version, which tells
almost all the possible vulnerabilities.
2. List all of them.
3. Ask for an attack.
4. Choose script(if already present in nmap-attack database, may
available on nmap server or local machine) or asks for script file.
5. Attack, by running script.
1. On which port to attack
2. What packets to be send
3. Type of packets
4. If any communication requires, it will also be explained in it.
5. If an attack requires some information from user, it can ask.
*Requirements to run script:*
A script engine.
Engine can either be NSE (if possible) or a new script engine.
2. *nmap for Mobile platforms*
In todays life mobiles have a special character. It will be better to
have nmap for mobiles.
It will give portability to nmap users.
Users can scan networks during travelling, and even at those places where
laptops are not handy to use. And it will be useful at public places where
obviously an hacker do not want to show results to any one.
Its better to develop nmap for Android platform, coz of market
Hope you like my ideas.
CSE 2nd Year,
+91 94933 29820
Sent through the nmap-dev mailing list
Archived at http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/
- Ideas for nmap development Manik Jindal (Apr 03)