Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: xmpp.nse
From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 14:28:51 -0700

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 12:15:44PM -0700, David Fifield wrote:

I would prefer that the script not do a DNS SRV lookup. Other NSE
scripts don't work that way; rather, they have a portrule that causes
the script to be run when the script already appears to be the right
service. The way it is written now, the script will run for every host
(that is not identified by only an IP address).

Since making this comment, I've learned a bit more about how XMPP works.
Is it true that the SRV lookup is needed in some cases, for example with
Google Talk? If so, I do not object to adding this part back in, as long
as it is carefully written so it doesn't run against every host.

David Fifield