Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: New VA Modules: OpenVAS: 26, MSF: 1, Nessus: 638
From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 15:55:12 -0700

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 10:02:02AM -0700, New VA Module Alert Service wrote:

== Metasploit modules (1) ==

r12638
http://metasploit.com/redmine/projects/framework/repository/entry/modules/exploits/windows/scada/igss9_igssdataserver_listall.rb
7-Technologies IGSS <= v9.00.00 b11063 IGSSdataServer.exe Stack Overflow

== Nessus plugins (638) ==

This wasn't a giant burst of activity by Tenable.  What actually
happened was that we added an IPv6 address to the server on May 6 and
the Nessus DRM system went berserk, thinking it was now a different
machine and the installation code was unauthorized.  The updater
refused to function and we finally had to re-register the feed from
scratch.  Now it is happy and working again until the next time we
make a small configuration change to the server.

I'm not trying to criticize Tenable or Nessus here, but the incident
does serve as a nice reminder of the sort of proprietary software
frustrations that Nmap users never need to deal with.

Cheers,
Fyodor