Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: xmpp.nse
From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () greenbone net>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 18:52:47 +0200

2011/5/15 Vasiliy Kulikov <segooon () gmail com>:
Hi,
[...]

Any corrections and suggestions are welcome.

Hello Vasiliy,

thanks for this nice update! I especially like the fact that you added
references to the official XMPP documentation for the extensions. I am
still testing and reviewing it but already have some thoughts I would
like to share.

My first concern is about the maintainability of the script. That
would probably make sense to split part of it into a XMPP library (see
nselib/*.lua for the existing ones) and a fingerprint file...
In the other hand it is also fine to have everything in a single
script as it's our only XMPP related NSE but I'm afraid it might be
difficult to update/maintain.

When testing the script against jabber.ccc.de I got the following output:
"""
Host is up (0.043s latency).
PORT     STATE SERVICE
5222/tcp open  xmpp-client
| xmpp:
|     XMPP
|       lang: en
|       v1.0
|     features
|       In-Band Registration
|       TLS
|     capabilities
|       node: http://www.process-one.net/en/ejabberd/
|       ver: o8zQAtrb2wELMmZizvbnpvqp5cE=
|     AUTH MECHANISMS (2)
|       PLAIN
|       DIGEST-MD5
|     Unknown features (please report about it on nmap-dev@)
|_  Respects server name
"""
I guess that this "c" tag shouldn't end there... Am I wrong?

It would also be nice to get around the TODO points... What about
defining a "policy" to react consistently against these unexpected