Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Draft - targets-sniffer.nse
From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 15:02:55 -0700

On Sun, Apr 03, 2011 at 01:32:21PM +0100, Nick Nikolaou wrote:
You need to fix the indentation! It's too hard to read and review right
now. The indentation is a mix of spaces and tabs. It looks better if I
turn on two-space tab stops, but it's still not quite right. Please
change it to use spaces throughout using whatever indentation level you
prefer. This is important because if you don't do this, someone else
will have to before the script can be added.

I recently started using vim and thought that two space tab was taking care
of indentation but turns out it looks a mess in other text editors. I
removed the tabs and used two spaces instead. I hope the code is easier to
read now.

Tabs of any width are fine, as are spaces, as long as they are
consistent. The main problem was that some lines used tabs and others
used spaces. Use ":set list" in Vim to make tabs visible. (":set nolist"
to turn it off.)

David Fifield