mailing list archives
Luis' Status Report - #6 of 17
From: "Luis MartinGarcia." <luis.mgarc () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 09:36:57 +0200
Sorry I'm late with the report! Here are the accomplishments of the week
and the priorities for next week:
* Finished the initial set of tests. I finally ended up
implementing 150 different IPv6 tests.
* Started writing "fpanaly", a tool to automate the test
result analysis process, so we can spot the differences
between OS's easily.
* Enabled IPv6 support on the Windows XP VM.
* Installed and configured Windows 7 on a new VM.
* Scheduled a meeting with David.
* Continue the implementation of "fpanaly".
* Make "ipv6fp" send packets at the raw ethernet level. Scapy
does not handle the link layer correctly as it's using a
link layer broadcast address as the destination MAC address.
The consequence of this is that the VMs receive the packet
but the local stacks do not process it because it is not
directed to a unicast link layer address (they do process it
for ICMP but not for UDP or TCP).
* Get "ipv6fp" ready for the experimental phase.
* Make IPv6 work on the FreeBSD 8.1 VM.
Sent through the nmap-dev mailing list
Archived at http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/
- Luis' Status Report - #6 of 17 Luis MartinGarcia. (Jun 07)