mailing list archives
Luis' Status Report - #7 of 17
From: "Luis MartinGarcia." <luis.mgarc () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 00:43:17 +0200
Here are the accomplishments of the week and the priorities for next week:
* Added low level MAC resolution using the Neighbor Discovery protocol. This
lets ipv6fp send packets at the Ethernet level, bypassing Scapy's
default transmission mechanisms, which do not handle the link layer
* Made ipv6fp capable of sending IPv4 probes and implemented some tests.
This should let us determine if end hosts exhibit the same behaviour
at the transport layer when the underlying network layer protocol
varies between IPv6 and IPv6.
* Big improvements to fpanaly which now reads a bunch of result files from
a directory, parses their contents, and reports useful information about the
* Made it possible to send probes 100ms apart. This should let us conduct
some time-dependent tests that current Nmap OS detection engine performs.
* Fixed a number of bugs.
* Had a meeting with David and scheduled the next one.
* ipv6fp is almost finished but there are some details that still need a
bit of polishing.
* When ipv6fp is ready, run it against each of the 14 virtual machines that I
* Add more result analysis algorithms to fpanaly.
* I still didn't attempt to make IPv6 work on the FreeBSD 8.1 VM.
Sent through the nmap-dev mailing list
Archived at http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/
- Luis' Status Report - #7 of 17 Luis MartinGarcia. (Jun 13)