Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: hadoop and hbase information gathering
From: Patrick Donnelly <batrick () batbytes com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 17:04:49 -0400

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 4:17 PM, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 12:32:01AM +0200, John Bond wrote:
Can you recommend an easy way to set up Hadoop and Hbase to test?

how much capacity do you have 1-4 machines? let me know and i can give
you guidelines.  if you are familiar with cfengine 3 i can send you my
policies.

Um, I can set up some VMs I guess? I've never used Hadoop nor Hbase, and
"apt-get install hadoop" didn't work. I don't know what cfengine is. Is
there a way to set up a minimal "cluster" of one machine?

I have a Hadoop cluster here to play with at my University. I'll give
the scripts a go.

--
- Patrick Donnelly