Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: bug in broadcast-listener script
From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 14:27:45 -0500

On 10/24/2011 10:34 AM, DePriest, Jason R. wrote:
Hello,

When I run a scan with options like this:
  --script '(safe and not broadcast and not firewalk.nse),default,version
the script broadcast-listener still runs.  All of the other broadcast
scripts are properly excluded.

The broadcast-listener script only has the 'safe' category listed
inside of it.  It looks like the 'broadcast' category needs to be
added to the broadcast-listener script so it can be properly excluded
by category.

Line 75 needs to be changed
- categories = {"safe"}
+ categories = {"broadcast", "safe"}

Thanks!

-Jason

Jason,

The broadcast-listener script listens for broadcast traffic. I think the "broadcast" category is intended for scripts that send broadcast packets, so it would not include broadcast-listener.

Dan