Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 Failed to determine dst MAC address for target
From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 09:42:16 -0700

On Wed, Nov 02, 2011 at 09:42:47AM +0100, Marcus Kipp wrote:
Hi,

i have a question regarding the following error message.

nexthost: Failed to determine dst MAC address for target 2a00:ff::b0:b:12

When I do some pings directly from host on cmd-line (Windows 7 Host) I can ping all IPv6 addresses.
I also can make a ssh to this target. But from NMAP I got this error !

Do you have an idea what happens here ?

This is a windows 7 installation on a host. when I use a VM with win7 on that
host with an usb network interface it works, but it hung up when I make a IPv6
scan incl. UDP.

I´m using Zenmap 5.61 Test2.

Thank you for making this report. Please send the output of
        nmap --iflist

David Fifield