Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap 5.61TEST2 IPv6 OS Detection (Cherry Soeprapto)
From: Cherry Soeprapto <cierish () yahoo com>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 07:52:19 -0800 (PST)

Sorry for any inconvenience, I'm still newbie here.

Also, I have read the nmap documentations and tried to run test scanning the IPv6 outside my network.
But it seems that the hosts are always down. Did I do anything wrong here?
I use Ubuntu 11.10 64 bit system.

Should I turn off the firewall of the hosts for running tests and submitting for the database? Or it should be ok with
firewall turned on?
Because I got a wrong detection for scanning Windows XP SP3. It would be recognised as Linux with firewall turned on.

Thank you so much.