Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Script output not always visible and inconsistent with previous versions
From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 02:55:51 -0700

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 01:33:18PM +0000, Thompson, Kevin D wrote:
Using nmap 5.59BETA1

When I try to use the script smb-check-vulns, I get no output.  I have to
the -v option to get any output.  This is not the same as what I am seeing
on other installations of nmap, such as 5.21.  Below are two outputs from
two different versions of nmap scanning the same host.  On the host
running 5.59BETA1 I can only see the script output if I use the -v option.
 But then, if I turn on the unsafe option, the script output goes away
again.  I have included output from that host below as well.  Can someone
tell me if this is the intended behavior or if the command line switches
have changed and I'm using it wrong now?

That script hasn't changed in a while. Try running with the -d option to
see if there is an error that causes a stack trace.

David Fifield