Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte
From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 17:49:29 -0800

On Thu, Dec 08, 2011 at 03:42:48PM +0400, Mikhail Yakupov wrote:
 Hello!
I didn't find other way to say about error, that I got on Windows XP
machine.

I try scan and every time get this message "'utf8' codec can't decode byte
0xe0 in position 0: unexpected end of data"

If I wrote to wrong people, sorry.

I googled it already. And check out that it's proble with "programming" and
my Russian symbols.. Maybe. I changed name of local machine, user.. nothing.

So, Nmap 5.50 (Zenmap)

Please try the newer release 5.61TEST2 from
        http://nmap.org/download.html#windows

If it still crashes, it will print out a message that starts with
"Traceback (most recent call last):". Copy that and send it to us.

David Fifield