Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: vulnerability scanning with nmap_nse_vulnscan
From: Djalal Harouni <tixxdz () opendz org>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 21:56:51 +0100

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 03:20:30PM +0100, Brahim Sakka wrote:
Hello everyone.

As a penetration tester, I'd like to say that vulnerability scanning would
be a _very_ useful feature in Nmap.
I do need the functionality provided by vulscan script even though I do
have expensive licenses for well regarded vulnerability scanners.

Would vulscan be packaged with Nmap at some point?
I hope, but it depends on the database license, Fyodor and David.

IMO we should only include the script, and use an API key to browse the
database, as we do with other scripts.

--
tixxdz
http://opendz.org