Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap 5.61TEST2 IPv6 OS Detection (Cherry Soeprapto)
From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 20:45:10 -0800

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 08:16:10AM -0800, Cherry Soeprapto wrote:
Arghh, I got it, I could use the tool for *.6fp too and the results
should be the same with the *.nmap aren't they?

Yes, the tools mostly work with the .6fp format, and the nmap26fp
program converts Nmap output to that format.

I will try to understand the 16th-154th tests for ipv6 in ipv6fp.py and might ask you about them again in the future.

Those are all the candidate tests that were invented by Luis
MartinGarcia. Not all of them are effective--we kept only the best ones
in the OS engine.

David Fifield