Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap snmp scanning
From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 23:53:06 +0100

On Sun, Dec 25, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Duarte Silva
<duarte.silva () serializing me>wrote:

Good afternoon,

taking a timeout from all of the Christmas spirit I decided to make a new
version of the snmp-brute patch.

Patch follows in the attachments,
Duarte Silva

Thanks Duarte!

I committed your patch with two small changes:
* I re-worded the documentation (to the better I hope) to make it clearer
that the password.lst is only used if the snmpcommunities.lst fails to open
for some reason.
* I changed the elegant stdnse.format_output(false, "Failed to read the
communities database") to an ugly return statement.
  The reason for this is that the format_output only returns an error if
elevated debug/verbosity is in use.

Hope that's ok.

//Patrik
--