Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

ms12-020 RDP Vuln script
From: Aleksandar Nikolic <nikolic.alek () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 13:09:28 +0200

Hi,

as I mentioned on irc the other day, I was notified by some people that
they have
different results with this script when run with SYN scan and when run with
full connect scan.
Apparently script sometime fails when run with syn scan.
I've been debugging this , and came to conclusion that Windows drops second
connection attempt (the one from the script) if the first one was left
hanging (as would
happen with SYN only scan).
David suggested that I add a simple stdnse.sleep(). I've tested that and it
works.
The script sleeps for one second, i've tried it down to 0.1 second, below
that
it still doesn't work. But just to make sure, I've set the sleep to 1
second.
Hope that is not to big a slowdown ?

I've attached a rather small patch for this. If it is ok , I can commit it
later.

,
Aleksandar