Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: svn update failures
From: Forrest Aldrich <forrie () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 17:41:47 -0400

On 4/3/12 5:25 PM, Patrick Donnelly wrote:
On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 5:13 PM, Forrest Aldrich<forrie () gmail com>  wrote:
On 4/3/12 5:07 PM, David Fifield wrote:
On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 04:33:08PM -0400, Forrest Aldrich wrote:
Over the course of the last 2 months or more, I've been encountering
random svn update failures.   Even after deleting and re-checking
out the code.    What happens is I'll update, some directories will
update correctly and then others with ask for a password.
Did you already switch to the https://svn.nmap.org/ repository?

http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2011/q4/504

David Fifield
Yes, I have.  The web page is pretty clear about it, using:

*svn co https://svn.nmap.org/nmap***

And here's what I eventually get:

# svn update
U    nmap-service-probes
D    scripts/asn-to-prefix.nse
A    scripts/rdp-vuln-ms12-020.nse
Authentication realm:<https://svn.nmap.org:443>  svn.nmap.org
Password for 'root':

Am I doing something wrong?   This doesn't occur for my other repositories
that I pull down.
AFAIK, svn.nmap.org is using one of the latest version of svn. Maybe
there's some version incompatibility going on?

Here's the version info from my installation of SVN (RHEL 5.x):

# svn --version
svn, version 1.6.11 (r934486)
   compiled May 31 2011, 06:01:42

Copyright (C) 2000-2009 CollabNet.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.tigris.org/
This product includes software developed by CollabNet (http://www.Collab.Net/).

The following repository access (RA) modules are available:

* ra_neon : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV protocol using Neon.
  - handles 'http' scheme
  - handles 'https' scheme
* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network protocol.
  - with Cyrus SASL authentication
  - handles 'svn' scheme
* ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
  - handles 'file' scheme