Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: ftp brute using brute lib
From: Aleksandar Nikolic <nikolic.alek () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 23:58:13 +0200

Hi,

I've just commited the script.

Thanks Patrik for improvements.
Also , sorry if \r\n from me caused problems.

Regards,
Aleksandar

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 10:47 PM, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>wrote:

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 09:07:41PM +0200, Patrik Karlsson wrote:
On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 5:51 PM, Aleksandar Nikolic
<nikolic.alek () gmail com>wrote:

I've made those changes.
See the attached script.

Hi Aleksander,

I tested your script and noticed two things:
1. The throughput could be further improved by lowering the socket
timeout
to a value below the timeout value for incorrect login attempts. In my
quick tests I noticed a 4x speed increase will still giving me stable
results.
2. When an unhandled response occurs the script would miss the username
and
password that generated the bad response. I've changed the code so that
this combination is retried instead until the max count of retries at
which
point the brute engine aborts.

I've attached a patch with the changes. If you feel comfortable with
them,
feel free to commit the updated script.

I am in agreement with Patrik. Please commit this script when you can.

(But before you do, try and make sure that the file is saved with Unix
line endings, not CRLF Windows line endings.)

David Fifield