mailing list archives
Nmap 6 fails to initialize on Windows xp sp3
From: Venkataramanappa Sathyanarayana <Sathyanarayana.V () technicolor com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 14:54:12 +0200
I tried Nmap6 on Windows XP SP3. As startup, Nmap performed address resolution with Neighbor solicitation sent using
unspecified address and Source Link layer address option.
Neighbor Solicitation message must not be sent with source as unspecified address and having source link layer as
specified in RFC4861 section 7.1.1. Snapshot of the same indicated in bold.
7.1.1<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4861#section-7.1.1>. Validation of Neighbor Solicitations
A node MUST silently discard any received Neighbor Solicitation
messages that do not satisfy all of the following validity checks:
- The IP Hop Limit field has a value of 255, i.e., the packet
could not possibly have been forwarded by a router.
- ICMP Checksum is valid.
- ICMP Code is 0.
- ICMP length (derived from the IP length) is 24 or more octets.
- Target Address is not a multicast address.
- All included options have a length that is greater than zero.
- If the IP source address is the unspecified address, the IP
destination address is a solicited-node multicast address.
- If the IP source address is the unspecified address, there is no
source link-layer address option in the message.
Digital Delivery Group
Sathyanarayana.V () technicolor com<mailto:Sathyanarayana.V () technicolor com>
tel.: 32 344 36 522
Prins Boudewijnlaan 47 - 2650 Edegem - Belgium
Technicolor Delivery Technologies Belgium NV
Registered office (maatschappelijke zetel): Prins Boudewijnlaan 47, 2650 Edegem, Belgium
Company registration number (ondernemingsnummer): 0428837295 - RPR Antwerpen
Help preserve the color of our world - Think before you print.
Sent through the nmap-dev mailing list
Archived at http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/
- Nmap 6 fails to initialize on Windows xp sp3 Venkataramanappa Sathyanarayana (May 22)