mailing list archives
Bug with nmap 6.00
From: Rob Shapland <rshapland () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 10:28:35 +0100
I'm having an issue with the latest version of nmap, that is not a problem
in version 5.51.
- Doing a -sS scan of port 3389/tcp on my target in nmap 6.00, the port is
returned as filtered.
- Doing *exactly *the same scan with nmap 5.51, port is returned as open.
- A -sT scan returns port as open with both versions.
- Full scan settings: nmap -sS -PN <target> -p3389.
- Using Wireshark to capture the traffic, in version 5.51 the syn, syn ack
and RST packets can be seen. Doing the same in nmap 6.00, no packets at all
are captured being sent to or from the target.
- Operating system of my machine is Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, winpcap
version is 4.1.2. Wireshark 1.6.8 Rev 42761. Windows Firewall is switched
off, no other firewall software.
If you need any further information (I can't reveal the target IP address)
please feel free to contact me. For the moment I will revert to nmap 5.51.
Sent through the nmap-dev mailing list
Archived at http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/
- Bug with nmap 6.00 Rob Shapland (May 26)