Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: http-methods & http-trace NSE Script Enhancement Ideas
From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 09:38:15 -0700

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 12:15:09PM -0400, King Thorin wrote:
2012-May-30

So now I'm back to wondering who "owns" the http lib and what the best
method is to get these idea implemented/things changed?

Your only sure bet is to send a patch. Someone else may pick this up or
may not. To me, this is a minor feature and not a high priority. I also
haven't seen a clear description of what the change is exactly: what new
functions would be added to the http library and how the http trace
script would change.

If you can't send a patch, the next best thing is to send such a
description of exactly what needs to change. Since this is your feature
request, it's your responsibility to do the legwork, or to convince
someone else that it is important enough to do right away.

David Fifield