mailing list archives
James Rogers - Status Report #6 of 17
From: James Rogers <jamesmrogers () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 15:01:31 -0400
*Looked in depth at bugs in 2 clang areas.
- Nping has most of the clang bugs, working on classifying bugs
and posting them to the dev-nmap list.
- One area that needs work is loopret on a lot of places in a
function, but it is never used after it is set.
- This must be old code that can probably be removed. Will
post more detailed results Thursday.
- Nmap has one area that needs cleaned up, posted to the nmap-dev list.
*Signed up on libpcap list to post libpcap bugs that clang found on that list.
- libpcap dev list is very low volume, going to write a bug report
on Thursday and post it to their list to get work started in that
* Ran clang against NTP, have not sent this report to ntp-dev list
yet. (Worked on this because I felt guilty that I turned down their
* spurious port closing bug
- read rfc 793 and any others that deal with tcp transmission.
- read tcp illustrated vol 1 and 2.
- figure out how to set sequence numbers and change flags in nmap
* clang bug report, organize and post proposed changes for each problem I find.
- clang found 137 bugs, but not all of them are bugs, most of them
- I have to go through and fix them by project.
- Nmap proper only has a couple of issues, I posted an email to
nmap-dev last week and got no feedback.
- Will bump for feedback.
- Nping has a whole set of issues, so over the next few weeks I
will be identifying, classifying and posting proposed fixes to the
- We use many libraries, so to fix clang bugs I found in these
lower level lists I will have to work with those teams.
I have 4 finals in the next 2 days, studied a lot over the weekend.
Almost done moving to a new place.
My annual get together at Origins Gaming Convention was last weekend.
Sent through the nmap-dev mailing list
Archived at http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/
- James Rogers - Status Report #6 of 17 James Rogers (Jun 04)