Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: http-userdir-enum script name
From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 13:19:23 -0700

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 02:03:43PM +0300, Toni Ruottu wrote:
  People,

I almost filed http-vuln-cve2001-1013 to the script idea page, but
then I noticed that it already exists under name http-userdir-enum.
See http://nmap.org/nsedoc/scripts/http-userdir-enum.html Is there a
reason why some vulnerability scripts are named after a cve while
others are named by the task they perform?

I had the impression that we used the vuln-cve names when we couldn't
think of a more meaningful name. This is sort of a different case,
because it is doign user name enumeration, and happens to be using this
vulnerability to do it.

I agree that the script should use the vulns library to store
information in any case.

David Fifield