Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Regarding VMWare and OpenSSH vulns
From: Aleksandar Nikolic <nikolic.alek () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 14:03:24 +0200

Forgot to add a link to that ssh CRC bug
http://www.exploit-db.com/exploits/2444/

And one other thing. There was a mention
of "Trinity" ssh bug during the meeting.
The bug that Trinity in matrix uses tu hack into matrix after running nmap.
We joked about it, and I thought it might be fun
to have it as a script, in case in some distant future  some Trinity
actually needs it.
Turns out it's not that easy to exploit. Problem
is it requires quite a bit of ssh protocol to
implemented. Even original exploits from that time, as far as I know,
used a patched-up version of an actual ssh client, and not a
standalone exploit. So, maybe it would be
doable once NSE has ssh lib.

 In case you care for this piece of history, the bug it self was found
by Michal Zalewski and here are a few links with details:
http://www.coresecurity.com/content/ssh1-crc-32-compensation-attack-detector-vulnerability
http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/2347

Aleksandar

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 1:51 PM, Aleksandar Nikolic