mailing list archives
Google Summer of Code - 2013
From: Ishan Sharma <ishansharma.in () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 00:10:26 +0530
I am interested in participating in the Nmap project for GSoC 2013.
My experience relevant to the Nmap project.
- Programming Languages: C (Excellent), Python (Good), Lua (Average -
Learning Right now)
- I have been using Nmap regularly for since about 4-5 yrs.
Here's a two part basic Nmap tutorial I wrote for ethicalhacker.net
Though these tutorials are very basic (and old) they do show my interest in
Nmap since my undergrad days.
- I have won two security courses at ethicalhacker.net for my participation.
Offensive Security wifu
eLearnSecurity Penetration Testing Professional
- I am currently enrolled in MS by Research program at one the top
university of my country. My area of research currently is malware analysis.
- I am presently working as a Research Assistant in one of the projects in
my university where I am responsible for evaluating and maintaining the
- I have good knowledge of vulnerabilities such as buffer overflows, Heap
overflows, format string attacks and return-to-libc attacks.
- I have good knowledge of Network and Web security.
I have checked the lists of ideas for gsoc 2013 and would like to submit
some sample code along with my project proposal.
As there are currently no mentors registered for the Nmap project I would
like the mailing list members to suggest me some top ideas to focus on for
the proposal given my experience.
Sent through the dev mailing list
Archived at http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/
- Google Summer of Code - 2013 Ishan Sharma (Apr 09)