mailing list archives
Fwd: Yang's status report - #4 of 16
From: Fyodor <fyodor () nmap org>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 19:24:53 -0700
Hi Folks. We use Google to do spam filtering on this list and for some
reason it keeps blocking Yang's status report #4. So I'm just sending it
through below, and hopefully this won't happen to his future mails.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: veotax <hsluoyz () qq com>
Date: Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Subject: Yang's status report - #4 of 16
To: fyodor <fyodor () nmap org>
Here's my status report.
* Searched for some cheap services for driver signing. Learned the
difference between Authenticode Code Sign and Kernel Mode Driver
* Although WDF is a new driver development framework compared to WDM.
I found that WDF is not a precondition for porting WinPcap from
NDIS5.0 to NDIS6.0. So I attempted to finish NDIS6.0 porting without
modifying current WDM. I followed some tutorials from MSDN for porting
from NSID5.0 to NDIS6.0. 60% of the whole porting programming has been
done, and a well-compiled version of NPcap has released with some
function disabled like sending and receiving. I guess debugging will
be a hard work. (Source uploaded to nmap-exp\yang)
* Made an installer for NPcap using Visual Studio. NPcap can be
successfully installed and dbgview.exe will show you some debug
information that NPcap prints out. (Source uploaded to nmap-exp\yang)
* Read through 2 chapters of the WinPcap sourcecode book.
* Finish the porting programming work from NDIS5.0 to NDIS6.0 with VS2012.
* Determine where to purchase the code signing service.
* Have a meeting with my mentor for the next step.
Sent through the dev mailing list
Archived at http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/
- Fwd: Yang's status report - #4 of 16 Fyodor (Jul 03)