Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Tiny DNS server written in Ncat-Lua - anyone interested?
From: Jacek Wielemborek <wielemborekj1 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 23:02:58 +0200

2013/7/30 David Henderson <dhenderson () digital-pipe com>:
I would probably be interested in it!  I'm actually working on a project
right now that it could fit nicely.  Let me ask you this, what are it's
capabilities compared with something like http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/tinydns.html.

At the moment it's extremely tiny - all it can do is store a list of
hostnames and responds to type A queries with IP addresses. That's
all. I only spent a few hours on that, because I wasn't sure if it
would get merged in. Could you write a little bit more about the
project you're working on?

Do you think you could add additional features such as record transfers?

That would probably be quite a lot of work - I doubt that David would
let me sit on the project for longer than a few days, so it would have
to either be done by someone else or you'd have to wait until after
GSoC, when I'd find some spare time. I believe that the script would
be quite expendable, though.